Department of Physiology
Physiology is the scientific study of normal mechanisms, and their interactions, which operate within a living system. A sub-discipline of biology, its focus is in how organisms, organ systems, organs, cells, and biomolecules carry out the chemical or physical functions that exist in a living system. Given the size of the field, it is divided into, among others, animal physiology (including that of humans), plant physiology, cellular physiology, microbial physiology (microbial metabolism), bacterial physiology, and viral physiology.
Central to an understanding of physiological functioning is its integrated nature with other disciplines such as chemistry and physics, coordinated homeostatic control mechanisms, and continuous communication between cells.
Students interested in this area of body science are guided by a team of dedicated faculty members with excellent teaching resources. The sessions are a mix of both theoretical/practical training and pre-clinical knowledge instruction. Regular symposia and seminars are held for the exchange of ideas.
Various departmental activities and salient features of the department:
1. Teaching the students about the various aspects of physiology in theory classes.
2. Demonstrating the clinical physiology experiments.
3. Teaching the problem based learning to the students.
4. Assessment of the students in the form of conducting theory and practical examinations and viva regularly.
5. Maintaining the attendance for theory and practical classes for students.
6. Sending the internal assessment marks of the students to the University as per the prescribed norms.